Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Training is designed to deepen students’ understanding of yoga by investigating the biomechanics of yoga postures, learning to use anatomical cueing for proper alignment in poses, examining effective teaching techniques for a variety of settings, and exploring the history and philosophy of yoga. This program is designed for entry level career paths in Yoga.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Identify core principles of Hatha Yoga.
- Examine skills for instructing yoga, including verbal cues, sequences, variations, adjustments, and modifications.
- Illustrate stress management techniques with yoga poses.
- Describe the philosophy of yoga through history, and the development of asanas.
- Design and execute a 60 minute Yoga class.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 18
- KINT 005 - First Aid - Responding to Emergencies (3)
- KINT 180 - Introduction to Teaching Yoga (3)
- KINT 181 - Philosophy of Yoga (3)
- KINT 182 - Anatomical Principles of Kinesiology and Fitness (3)
- NUTR 025 - Nutrition For Sport, Exercise, and Health (3)
- KINA 040A - Beginning Yoga (1)
- KINA 040B - Intermediate Yoga (1)
- KINA 040C - Advances Yoga (1)
or KINT 101 - Physical Fitness Assessments (1)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.