Television and Radio - Video Production
The curriculum prepares students to work in various areas of broadcasting and electronic media. Coursework covers basic aspects of audio and video production, post-production principles, and writing for commercial, educational and cable companies. Practical internships are offered in professional facilities, including commercial and public broadcast companies, cable television, post-production and production companies.
Students are prepared for such positions as production assistants, production coordinators, associate directors, stage managers, researchers, programmers, camera operators, technical directors, and editors.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Create effective communication using written, oral and/or audio-visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking in a media context.
- Integrate professional standards of conduct in a media context.
- Demonstrate technological proficiency in a media context.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 36-37
- TVR 001 - Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 002A - Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 004 - Beginning Single Camera Production (3)
- TVR 007 - Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- TVR 015 - Introduction to Media Writing (3)
- TVR 016A - Television Production (4)
- TVR 041 - Beginning Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 016B - Television Production (4)
- TVR 021 - Electronic Media Management (3)
- TVR 024 - Electronic New Gathering and Editing (3)
- TVR 128E - Television Production Internship (1)
or TVR 129E - Television Production Internship (2)
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- COMM 001 - Survey of Mass Communication (3)
- SPCH 003 - Voice and Diction (3)
- SPCH 004 - Oral Interpretation (3)
- TVR 012 - Beginning Announcing and Performing in Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 014A - Beginning Radio Production (3)
- TVR 017A - Television and Film Script Writing (3)
- TVR 017B - Television and Film Script Writing (3)
- TVR 018 - Radio and Television Newswriting (3)
- TVR 019 - Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts (3)
- TVR 124 - Television Field Production (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.