Business Administration - Retail Management
The curriculum prepares students for marketing careers in the retail industry in market research, promotion, advertising, distribution and pricing. Curriculum was developed in cooperation with the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC), and is a nationally-recognized certificate.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Analyze the customer service factors involved in obtaining customer goodwill, enhancing the company image and communicating with customers.
- Write effective business correspondence, and give clear, concise oral presentations.
- Achieve confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percents and applying them to common business problems such as markup, markdown, simple and compound interest, payroll, discounts, etc.
- Identify the five mental stages of a sale.
- Write a features-and-benefits analysis on a product.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 25-26
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (5)
or ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- BUS 128 - Human Resources Management (3)
- BUS 117 - Human Relations/Organizational Behavior (3)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- MRKT 132 - Retail Management (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.