Product Design - Technology
The program prepares students with an interest and strengths in technology with a portfolio to enter the product design profession as an entry-level designer. The courses develop a focused range of knowledge and skills to seek employment as a product designer with an emphasis on production. Projects emphasize creativity, function, environmental, and social concerns in addition to technical skills.
Portfolios can also be used for transfer application.
Completion of all courses with a grade of C or better is required for the certificate.
- Discuss the technical aspects of the industrial design profession.
2. Create hands-on projects that demonstrate basic technical design processes which include computer-aided drafting (CAD) and 3-dimensional modeling and animation.
3. Analyze, evaluate, and improve design projects through the critique process.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 36
- ART 015 – Sketching For Design (3)
- ART 016 – Perspective (3)
- ART 031A – Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- ART 018 – Rendering (3)
- ART 033A – Product Design Application (3)
- DT 008A – Introduction to Digital Design & Fabrication (3)
- ART 033B – Product Design Application (3)
- PHOT 030 – Introduction to Digital Image Editing (3)
- DT 017 – Building Construction Technical Graphics (3)
- ART 033C – Product Design Application (3)
- ART 085A - 3D Modeling & Sculpting (3)
or ART 155A – 3-D Modeling and Sculpting (3)
- ART 001A – History of Western Art-Prehistoric through Medieval (3)
- ART 011A – Foundation Drawing (3)
- PHOT 021 – Introduction to Black and White Photography (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.