Video Post Production
This Certificate of Achievement does not count as a major for an Associate Degree.
Video Post-Production prepares students for a seamless transfer into the CSU system to complete a baccalaureate degree in Film, Television, Broadcast Journalism, digital or electronic media, or a similar major within the creative industries. The primary goal of this certificate in Video Post-Production is to provide formal training for individuals who seek entry-level employment in the field of television and video post-production. This field consists of professions such as assistant editors, editors, post-production supervisors, sound editors, visual effects artists and title designers for manifold delivery systems, including broadcast and digital or electronic media. Students will utilize industry standard hardware, software and operating systems to acquire, manage and edit digital video and audio. Large projects are assigned to allow students to build their portfolios.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Create effective communication using post-production audio and visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking into a post-production audio/video context.
- Integrate standards of professional conduct in a post-production audio/video context.
- Develop technological proficiency in a media context.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 23-25
- TVR 002A - Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 004 - Beginning Single Camera Production (3)
or TVR 007 - Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 024 - Electronic New Gathering and Editing (3)
- TVR 041 - Beginning Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 141B - Intermediate Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (2)
- TVR 142 - Advanced Non-Linear Effects Editing (3)
- TVR 143 - Digital Audio Workstation Skills (3)
- TVR 144 - Digital Non-Linear Assistant Editing (3)
1-3 units in any one of the following electives
- TVR 117 - Telecommunications Workshop (1)
- TVR 124 - Television Field Production (3)
- TVR 128G - Post Production Internship (1)
- TVR 129G - Extended Post Production Internship (2)
- CIS 041 CCNA: Introduction to Networks (3)