Video Post Production
This Certifcate of Achievement does not count as a major for an Associate Degree.
The Video Post Production certificate provides formal training for individuals who seek entry into the rapidly growing field of film and television post-production, including professions such as assistant editors, editors, post-production supervisors, visual effects artists and title designers. Students will utilize industry standard hardware, software and operating systems to acquire, manage and edit digital video and audio. Large projects are assigned to allow students to build their portfolios.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Create effective communication using written, oral and/or audio-visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking in a media context.
- Integrate professional standards of conduct in a media context.
Develop technological proficiency in a media context.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 25-27
- TVR 002A - Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 007 - Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 024 - Electronic New Gathering and Editing (3)
- TVR 041 - Beginning Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 141B - Intermediate Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 142 - Advanced Non-Linear Effects Editing (3)
- TVR 143 - Digital Audio Workstation Skills (3)
- TVR 144 - Digital Non-Linear Assistant Editing (3)
1-3 units in any one of the following electives
- TVR 117 - Telecommunications Workshop (1)
- TVR 119 - Radio Workshop (3)
- TVR 120 - Radio Workshop (2)
- TVR 124 - Television Field Production (3)
- TVR 131 - Advanced Television Operations/Production (2)
- TVR 128A - TV Operations Internship (1)
- CIS 030 - Networks and Telecommunications (3)