Business Information Technology - Office Assistant
The curriculum prepares students for office positions such as receptionists, virtual receptionists, and information clerks. Employees in these types of positions respond to inquiries from the public, locate and provide information to other employees, coordinate electronic communications into and out of the office, maintain electronic calendars, monitor use of conference rooms, and look up customer information. A
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Perform a variety of tasks in a business office setting including document processing, greeting visitors, handling telephone calls, using computer systems, and managing business records.
- Apply appropriate business software to complete tasks.
- Compute, record, and proofread records and reports; review files, records and other documents to obtain information.
- Function effectively as a team member using collaborative web-based workspaces.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
- BIT 011 – Business Document Processing (2)
- BIT 025 – Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BIT 106 – Business Software–Introduction to Microsoft Office System (3)
- BIT 107 – Business Software–Windows (1)
- BIT 108 – Microsoft Outlook and Productivity Tools (1)
- BIT 115 – Business Records Skills (1)
- BIT 117 – Collaborative Web-Based Workspaces (1)
- BIT 122 – Internet Research for Business (1)
- BIT 128 – Business Software-Microsoft Word (2)
- BUS 112 – Business English (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.