Design Media Art - Design/Media Arts Foundation
The Design/Media Arts Foundation certificate lays the foundation for student-success in PCC's Design/Media Arts and Photography departments. It is the first step toward successful entry into the labor market. Geared toward students interested in creative coding, graphic design, interaction design, web design, motion graphics, photography and game design. Skills covered will be basic coding (HTML/CSS), production processes, design thinking, project management and collaborative teamwork.
All courses in this certificate require literacy and proficiency in writing and math. Projects require written, oral, and visual presentations as well as the application of basic math principles and skills.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply the elements and principles of design in finished digital images and time-based works.
- Produce digital images and time-based work through various digital media input and output methods.
- Examine and describe contemporary approaches, language, aesthetics in digital media.
- Evaluate and critique digital images and time-based media works utilizing relevant terminology and concepts.
- Demonstrate competence in the use of tools, materials, and concepts for creating original art and design projects.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
- COLL 001 - First Year Seminar (3)
- ART 011A - Foundation Drawing (3)
- ART 031A - Color and Composition - Two Dimensional Design (3)
- DMA 010 - Digital Art: Design Foundation (3)
- DMA 020A - Graphic Design I (3)
- DMA 012 - Digital Art: Painting & Drawing (3)
- DMA 050 - Web Design & Development (3)
- DMA 002 - History of Design and Media Arts (3)
- DMA 004 - History of Digital Games (3)
- BUS 116 - Entrepreneurship (3)
- SPCH 001 - Fundamentals of Speech (3)
or SPCH 001H - Honors Fundamentals of Speech (3)
- SPCH 010 - Interpersonal Communication (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.