The curriculum prepares students to seek employment as construction inspectors. The focus is on the responsibility of construction inspectors to verify that contractors and subcontractors comply with the architect’s plans.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 31-32
- BLDG 212 - Print Reading for Construction (3)
- TECH 107A - Technical Calculations (3)
- BLDG 214 - Materials & Process of Const: Sub Grade to Floor Framing (3)
- BLDG 215 - Materials & Methods of Const: Floor through Roof Framing (3)
- BLDG 221 - Elements of Grading Inspection (3)
- BLDG 218 - Inspection of Architectural Details (3)
- ELTY 217 - Electrical Inspection and Codes (2)
or ELTY 218 - Electrical Inspection and Codes-Update (1)
- BLDG 222 - Principles of Housing and Zoning Requirements (3)
- BLDG 213 - Building Construction Codes and Standards (3)
- BLDG 223 - Principles of Plumbing Inspection (3)
- BLDG 224 - Principles of Heating and Refrigeration Inspections (3)
- BLDG 220 - Estimating for Building Construction (3)
- BLDG 210A - Building Construction (5)
- BLDG 210B - Building Construction (5)
- FIRE 142 - Building Construction for Fire Protection (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.