Building Construction - Construction Inspection
The curriculum prepares students to seek employment as construction inspectors. The focus is on the responsibility and duties of construction inspectors to verify that construction projects comply with the architect’s plans, local, state and international code requirements.
Instruction is offered in all phases of inspections, from pre-grading and site preparation to the buildings’ final inspection. Upon completion, students can apply to become Assistant Inspectors. Students with qualifying field experience can apply to become full inspectors.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 32
- BLDG 212 - Print Reading for Construction (3)
- BLDG 214 - Materials & Processes of Const: Sub Grade to Floor Framing (3)
- BLDG 215 - Materials & Methods of Const: Floor Through Roof Framing (3)
- BLDG 221 - Elements of Grading Inspection (3)
- BLDG 222 - Principles of Housing and Zoning Requirements (3)
- BLDG 213 - Building Construction Codes and Standards (3)
- BLDG 223 - Principles of Plumbing Inspection (3)
- BLDG 224 - Principles of Heating and Refrigeration Inspections (3)
- TECH 107A - Technical Calculations (3)
- ELTY 217 - Electrical Inspection and Codes (2)
- BLDG 219 - Legal Factors of Construction Inspection (3)
- FIRE 142 - Building Construction For Fire Protection (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.