Business Information Technology - Business Software Specialist
The curriculum prepares students to apply commonly used computer applications to business tasks; for example, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, databases, email, Internet research, and content management. Emphasis is on the use of computer systems to collaborate with others to solve business problems.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Analyze business problems, and then design and use appropriate technology to effectively, accurately, and coherently communicate solutions.
- Develop creative methods for applying technology to solve business problems.
- Employ technological tools to expedite workflow within an organization.
- Identify and demonstrate professional work behaviors and personal qualities needed to be employable.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 22
- BIT 011 - Business Document Processing (2)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BIT 106 - Business Software-Introduction to Microsoft Office System (3)
- BIT 107 - Business Software-Windows (1)
- BIT 128 - Business Software-Microsoft Word (2)
- BIT 105 - Business Software-Microsoft Access (2)
- BIT 108 - Microsoft Outlook and Productivity Tools (1)
- BIT 109 - Business Software-Microsoft PowerPoint (2)
- BIT 117 - Collaborative Web-Based Workspaces (1)
- BIT 122 - Internet Research for Business (1)
- BIT 125 - Business Software Integration (2)
- BIT 133 - Business Software-Microsoft Excel (2)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.