Television and Radio - Broadcast Journalism
The curriculum prepares students in the field of electronic journalism. Students are prepared for positions such as news researcher, assignment editor, news producer, news writer or reporter.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply production techniques to aural and visual media.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, including collaborative skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate technological proficiency.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 35-36
- TVR 001 - Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 002A - Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 007 - Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 012 - Beginning Announcing and Performing in Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 018 - Radio and Television Newswriting (3)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- TVR 014A - Beginning Radio Production (3)
- TVR 016 - Video Production (4)
- COMM 101 - Communication Field Practice (1)
- TVR 004 - Beginning Single Camera Production (3)
- TVR 021 - Electronic Media Management (3)
- TVR 024 - Electronic News Gathering and Editing (3)
- TVR 128C - Broadcast News/Administration Internship (1)
or TVR 129C - Broadcast News/Administration Internship (2)
- COMM 001 - Survey of Mass Communication (3)
- JOUR 004A - Reporting and Newswriting (3)
- SPCH 004 - Oral Interpretation (3)
- TVR 014B - Advanced Radio Production (3)
- TVR 019 - Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.