Biological Technology- Stem Cell Culture
This Certificate of Achievement does not count as a major for an Associate Degree.
The curriculum prepares students to work in entry-level positions in the field of cell culture including stem cell culture. Emphasis is on practical laboratory skills combined with training in a working laboratory setting.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Understand, interpret, and write laboratory documents, SOPs, protocols, and notebook documentation.
- Be able to use, maintain, calibrate, and/or validate standard laboratory equipment.
- Be prepared for entry level technician positions in laboratories performing stem cell research in the biological technology industry and in research institutions.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 33
- CHEM 022 - Introductory Chemistry (4)
- BIOL102A - Biological Technology - Basic Techniques (3)
- MATH 131 - Intermediate Algebra (4)
- BIOL 102B - Biological Technology - Advanced Techniques (3)
- CHEM 001A - General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis (5)
- BIOL 002 - Animal Biology (4)
or MICR 002 - Microbiology (4)
- BIOL 102C - Biological Technology - Cell Culture Techniques (3)
- BIOL 038 - Cell and Molecular Biology (4)
- BIOL 102D - Biological Technology - Laboratory Internship (3)