Biological Technology- Stem Cell Culture
This Certifcate of Achievement does not count as a major for an Associate Degree.
The curriculum prepares students to work in entry-level positions in the field of cell culture including stem cell culture. Emphasis is on practical laboratory skills combined with training in a working laboratory setting.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Understand, interpret, and write laboratory documents, SOPs, protocols, and notebook documentation.
- Be able to use, maintain, calibrate, and/or validate standard laboratory equipment.
- Be prepared for entry level technician positions in laboratories performing stem cell research in the biological technology industry and in research institutions.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 33
- CHEM 022 - Introductory Chemistry (4)
- BIOL102A - Biological Technology - Basic Techniques (3)
- MATH 131 - Intermediate Algebra (4)
- BIOL 102B - Biological Technology - Advanced Techniques (3)
- CHEM 001A - General Chemistry and Chemical Analysis (5)
- BIOL 002 - Animal Biology (4)
or MICR 002 - Microbiology (4)
- BIOL 102C - Biological Technology - Cell Culture Techniques (3)
- BIOL 038 - Cell and Molecular Biology (4)
- BIOL 102D - Biological Technology - Laboratory Internship (3)