Accounting - Certified Bookkeeper
The curriculum prepares students to become (with experience) certified bookkeepers. This training is relevant to positions such as bookkeeping/accounting/auditing clerk, accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk/collections, general ledger clerk or payroll clerk. Knowledge of accounting and spreadsheet software is necessary.
The curriculum is aimed at students passing the national Certified Bookkeeper exams administered by the American Institute of Public Bookkeepers (AIPB). For more information on this program go to www.aipb.org.
Optionally, students can also take a course to become a California Registered Tax Preparer (CRTP) to prepare to work as a para-professional in an accounting or CPA office. For more information go to www.ctec.org.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Be able to pass the national AIPB Certified Bookkeeping exams.
- Be able to perform basic General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, basic payroll duties.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 21
- ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- ACCT 104A - Computerized Accounting-Quickbooks (3)
- ACCT 104B - Payroll Accounting (3)
- BIT 106 - Business Software-Introduction to Microsoft Office Systems (3)
- BIT 133 - Business Software-Microsoft Excel (2)
- BUS 112 - Business English (3)
- BUS 114 - Business Mathematics (3)
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (4)
- ACCT 001B - Managerial Accounting (4)
- ACCT 104C - Income Tax Preparation (3)
- BUS 012A - Business Law (3)
- BUS 170 - Work Experience Internship (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.