Asian American & Pacific Islander Advisory Committee
Schedule of PAAPI Meetings:
Meetings are scheduled quarterly in the President’s Conference Room (C-233) from 9am-11am.
Vision: To create a truly global community college that prepares PCC Asian and Pacific Islander students for a society without boundaries.
Formed in September of 2008, the President's Asian American and Pacific Islander Advisory Committee is a bridge between this educational institution and its diverse ethnic and geographical communities.
Mission: To support PCC’s commitment to the life-long learning goals of Asian and Pacific Islander students and community members.
- To encourage diverse Asian and Pacific Islander students to achieve academic, and career/technical educational success
- To increase completion of education goals of Asian and Pacific Islander groups
- To recruit and retain Asian and Pacific Islander faculty and staff to reflect the diversity of PCC’s student population
- To improve outreach and enhance the image of PCC in Asian and Pacific Islander communities
- To better incorporate Asian American topics and concerns in PCC curriculum and campus programming.
Advisory Council Board Members
Dr. Peter Wong, Chair
Joseph Chang, Vice-Chair
Frank Kwan, Secretary
Dr. Tooktook Thongthiraj, Program Chair
Dr. Chiung-Sally Chou, Membership Chair
Hon. C. Joseph Chang 張志堅
Jenny Chen 陳青
Dr. Sally Chou
Elaine Reodica Shyu
Hon. Shelley Ryan
Dr. Reiko Sakata
Dr. Peter Wong
Dr. Minh-Hoa Ta
Carrie M. Afuso
Sandra Chen Lau, Board of Trustees
Dr. Erika Endrijonas
Dr. Ketmani Kouanchao
Dona Mitoma (Retiree, Faculty)
Dr. Tooktook Thongthiraj
Linda S. Wah 伍麗娥, Board of Trustees
Dr. Cathy Wei 魏瑞琴