Asian American & Pacific Islander Advisory Committee
Schedule of PAAPI Meetings:
Meetings are scheduled quarterly in the President’s Conference Room (C-233) from 9am-11am.
Vision: To create a truly global community college that prepares PCC Asian and Pacific Islander students for a society without boundaries.
Formed in September of 2008, the President's Asian American and Pacific Islander Advisory Committee is a bridge between this educational institution and its diverse ethnic and geographical communities.
Mission: To support PCC’s commitment to the life-long learning goals of Asian and Pacific Islander students and community members.
- To encourage diverse Asian and Pacific Islander students to achieve academic, and career/technical educational success
- To increase completion of education goals of Asian and Pacific Islander groups
- To recruit and retain Asian and Pacific Islander faculty and staff to reflect the diversity of PCC’s student population
- To improve outreach and enhance the image of PCC in Asian and Pacific Islander communities
- To better incorporate Asian American topics and concerns in PCC curriculum and campus programming.
Advisory Council Board Members
Michelle Freridge, Chair
Shelley Ryan, Vice President
Ketmani Kouanchao, Program Chair
Trustee Linda Wah, Board of Trustees
Dr. Chiung-Sally Chou, Scholarship Chair
C. Joseph Chang 張志堅
Dr. Tooktook Thongthiraj
Linda S. Wah 伍麗娥, Board of Trustees, Membership Subcommittee Chair
Dr. Cathy Wei 魏瑞琴