African American Advisory Committee
The Committee has adopted several objectives as its mission. They are:
- To help increase enrollment of African American students at Pasadena City College
- To help improve the academic performance of African American students at Pasadena City College.
- To help improve the retention rate of African American students at Pasadena City College.
- To help improve the transfer rate of African American students at Pasadena City College.
- To help increase outreach to the African American community served by Pasadena City College.
The PAAAC strives to meet these objectives through various campus and community activities and programs. Individuals from our community, as well as from the PCC staff, volunteer to serve on the Committee.
The PAAAC welcomes involvement from the local business and civic community. For information about joining the President's African American Advisory Committee, please call (626)585-7201.
Dr. Pamela Powell, Co-Chair
Dolores Hickambottom, Co-Chair
Dr. Jacqueline Jacobs
Janet Pope Givens
Dr. Erika Endrijonas
Berlinda Brown, Board of Trustees
Dr. Kari Bolen