The Mission of TABE at Pasadena City College is to formalize the robust informal networks amongst Black employees, students and the community, to support the well-being of Black people through collaboration and community building activities, in addition to help champion student-focused efforts including scholarships and professional growth and success.
- To provide a forum for administrators, faculty, staff, and students of the Pasadena Area Community College District to discuss their concerns as related to District employment.
- To provide support, networking and mentoring opportunities, and a system of growth and development for administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- To provide input to the administration regarding course curriculum, instruction, and programs for student, and matters of recruitment of administrators, faculty, and staff.
- To provide an avenue of communication with local, state, and national faculty and staff associations that are affiliated with community and junior colleges, secondary education groups, colleges, and universities.
- To provide a channel for exchanging information with community organizations such as churches, civic and community service groups.
- To provide academic support, financial assistance and scholarships to students of the Pasadena Area Community College District.
The Executive Board
Dr. Micah Young
Chairperson of Social Events
Brigitte Norsworthy and Denise Odimo
Co-Chairs of Scholarships