Is CalWORKs for you?

If you are interested in CalWORKs, but are unsure if you are eligible, please read the questions below.

  1. Are you a parent to a child who is under the age of 18?
  2. Are you currently receiving the adult portion of CalWORKs (TANF) cash aid from the LA County or another local county?

If you answered YES to both of these questions, you are eligible for PCC CalWORKs program! Here are ways you can get started in our program:

  • If you are currently enrolled in classes at PCC and are already receiving cash aid, then check out our Steps to Apply to see how to begin participating in CalWORKs at PCC. You can become a participant in our program almost immediately.

  • If you are receiving CalWORKs cash aid and want to attend school, contact your county Eligibility or GAIN Worker and ask about being approved to attend school and referred to Pasadena City College. However, in the meantime, as long as you can verify that you are receiving CalWORKs benefits, please check out our Steps to Apply to see how to begin participating in CalWORKs at PCC

  • If you are not receiving cash aid, but want to know if you are eligible, we suggest you start by visiting the LA County Department of Social Services (DPSS) CalWORKs website. Or, go to the easy and convenient LACountyHelps website to get prescreened and find out if your family can get help from the many different human service programs. If you do become eligible for cash aid, you will be able to apply to our program!

CalWORKs Programs at PCC

Pasadena City College offers a variety of degrees and certificates. Whether you are looking to prepare to transfer to a four-year college or you are hoping to gain the skills to enter the workforce, Pasadena City College has many programs that can assist you in achieving any of your future goals.

PCC Program Options

Speak with your county worker about being referred to an approved program!