We are excited that you have chosen to attend PCC as part of your GAIN Welfare-to-Work journey. Please use this checklist as a guide to help you start the process of becoming a PCC CalWORKs student.
If you are receiving cash aid and have not yet been referred to GAIN, are exempt, or have another reason for not being referred to enroll in school, but you are attending or plan to attend with a clear educational goal – please continue on to the next steps because you are still eligible for our program.
Complete the Steps to Apply and Enroll at PCC
Make CalWORKs Intake & Counseling Appointment
After you have finished the steps to enroll at PCC and registered for your classes, it's time to sign up for CalWORKs! Come visit us in the L Building or call us (626) 585-7060 to make an appointment. You will be able to acquaint yourself with our program and campus resources, and develop an educational plan with one of our counselors.
Please bring the following items to your first appointment:* Dont worry - If you do not have a referral or assessment, you are still eligible!
- Completed Intake Application: Download and print it out or obtain a copy upon your arrival at our office. Download Intake Application
- Verification of Benefits (VOB): Obtain this via the BenefitsCal website or your DPSS office.
- Transcripts: Unofficial or official transcripts from any other colleges you have attended.
- *Referral Form: If you made the decision to attend school with your GAIN worker, you may receive a referral form (GN6006). If so, please bring it to your appointment.
- *Assessment Summary (GN 6013/GN 6014): If you took a county assessment and have the results, you may bring it with you as well.
If you are referred by your GAIN Worker to a PCC noncredit program for Adult Basic Education, such as GED, Adult High School Diploma Program (HSDP) or English as a Second Language (ESL) at our Community Education Center (CEC), contact us at our main office number, (626) 585-7060 or visit the Noncredit Division Administration Office for further information about CalWORKs participation in the noncredit programs.Visit the Noncredit Division