Television and Radio - Media Programming and Management
This curriculum prepares students for entry-level positions in the managerial areas of commercial, corporate, and public media. With ever expanding media outlets, professional opportunities will continue to grow. Account executives, account executive assistants, program directors, assistant program directors, station managers, audience researchers and other administrative staff will find increased demand.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade C or better.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 15-16
- TVR 001 – Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 019 – Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts (3)
- TVR 021 – Electronic Media Management (3)
(6-7 units – any TWO of the following electives):
- BUS 010 – Introduction to Management (3)
- TVR 002A – Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 007 – Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 012 – Beginning Announcing and Performing in Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 014A – Beginning Radio Production (3)
- TVR 015 – Introduction to Media Writing (3)
- TVR 016A – Television Production (4)
- TVR 017A – Television and Film Script Writing (3)
- TVR 018 – Radio and Television Newswriting (3)