Computer Information Systems - System and Network Administrator
This system and network administrator program provides students with necessary skills to seek entry-level employment in the field of Information Technology to administer network infrastructure and Windows systems. Instruction includes training in installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting network devices (routers, switches, and access points) and end devices (computers, servers, printers, and mobile devices) with an emphasis on Cisco network infrastructure administration.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Students will be assessed on their ability to
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic enterprise system and network administration.
- Apply skills needed to:
- Administer Cisco routers and switches in a small to enterprise environment.
- Administer user computer systems (physical and virtual machines) in a small to enterprise environment.
- Administer Microsoft Windows Server operating systems in a small to enterprise environment, and cloud computing environment.
- Be able to acquire IT industry certifications including CompTIA A+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server, and secure employment in an entry-level system administration or network administration position
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 20
- CIS 011 – Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4)
- CIS 041 – CCNA R&S: Introduction to Networks (3)
- CIS 042 – CCNA R&S: Routing and Switching Essentials (3)
- CIS 045 – MCSA: Microsoft Windows System Administration 1 (4)
- CIS 163 – CCNA R&S: Scaling Networks (3)
- CIS 164 – CCNA R&S: Connecting Networks (3)
- CIS 040 – UNIX/LINUX Administration (3)
- CIS 061 – Introduction to Information Systems Security (3)
- CIS 063 – Introduction to Cybersecurity: Ethical Hacking (3)
- CIS 065 – Computer Forensics Fundamentals (3)
- CIS 141 – MCSE: Microsoft Exchange Server Administration (4)
- CIS 146 – MCSA: Microsoft Windows System Administration 2 (4)
- CIS 151 – VMWARE VSPHERE: Install, Configure, Manage (3)
- CIS 165 – CCNP R&S Route: Implementing IP Routing (4)
- CIS 167 – CCNP R&S Implementing CISCO IP Switched Networks (4)
- CIS 168 – CCNP TSHOOT: Troubleshooting and Maintaining IP Networks (4)
- CIS 169A – CCNA Security (4)
- ENGL 100 – Reading and Writing Skills (4)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.