Business Administration - Financial Investments
The curriculum prepares students for careers in investment banks, stock brokerage firms, insurance companies, and firms providing financial advice in buying and selling of stocks, bonds, or shares in mutual bonds.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Identify the various ways by which business enterprises are financed. Explain the legal elements of financing a business.
- Write effective Business correspondence.
- Achieve mastery and confidence working with whole numbers, fractions, and percents and use these skills in everyday business transactions.
- Describe financial controls that may be used to keep a business successful.
- Use computers to collaborate with others to solve business problems.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 25-27
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
or ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (5)
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
or BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
- BUS 002 - Personal Finance (3)
- BUS 118 - Investments (3)
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- BUS 014A - Mathematical Analysis for Business-Finite (4)
or BUS 016 - Business Computations Utilizing Technology (3)
or STAT 015 - Statistics for Business and Economics (4)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- ACCT 104A - Computerized Accounting-Quickbooks (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.