Business Information Technology - Business Information Worker
The curriculum prepares students to work in a variety of office environments by acquiring a broad range of entry-level office skills and applications. With a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows and Office as well as strong digital and web literacy skills, the Business Information Worker brings efficiency and productivity to the workplace.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- In an enterprise environment, create, manage, and store data on collaborative web sites.
- In an enterprise environment, use business computer software to perform common tasks.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and professional interpersonal skills in the workplace.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 26
- BIT 011 - Business Document Processing (2)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BIT 106 - Business Software-Introduction to Microsoft Office System (3)
- BIT 107 - Business Software-Windows (1)
- ENGL 001A - Reading and Composition (4)
- BIT 108 - Microsoft Outlook and Productivity Tools (1)
- BIT 115 - Business Records Skills (1)
- BIT 122 - Internet Research for Business (1)
- BIT 128 - Business Software-Microsoft Word (2)
- BIT 133 - Business Software-Microsoft Excel (2)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
BUS 160 - Customer Service (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.