Updated August 26, 2021
Planning for Fall 2021
The following gives you the key information you need to know about taking classes at PCC during the Fall 2021 semester. As this is an ever-evolving situation, we will continue updating information on this page whenever new information becomes available.
Campus Health & Safety Protocols
The following safety measures will be in place for the Fall 2021 semester.
By September 30, 2021, all PCC students taking a face-to-face course will need to provide proof of an accepted COVID-19 vaccination through the College's submission process, or a qualifying exemption based on medical or religious grounds as a condition for face-to-face class enrollment.
You may start face-to-face classes on August 23, 2021 while working on your vaccination status. You must complete your vaccination shot series by September 13, 2021, to be considered fully vaccinated. You’ll have until September 30th to submit proof of your vaccination.
Students enrolled in a face-to-face course and who have not submitted proof of vaccination by September 30, 2021 will be dropped with an Excused Withdrawal (EW) and no refund. In addition, after September 30, 2021 students who failed to provide proof of vaccination will not be allowed on campus for classes, student services, academic support, or other reasons. Non-vaccinated students must conduct their PCC business online. Students who have a valid PCC approved exemption from the vaccine may visit campus, provided they follow campus safety protocols at all times.
While indoors at PCC, masks are required in all public spaces.
Classes & Instruction
With the start of the Fall Term (August 23), we will offer classes fully in person; in person and online (hybrid); and fully online.
- Review the current Schedule of Classes for information on which classes are fully online, hybrid, or full in-person.
- As conditions change, some in-person classes may be converted to fully-online. This change will be reflected in the class schedule.
- If a class you have already registered is converted to fully online, you will be notified via your PCC (go.pasadena.edu).
During this time of uncertainty, the California Community College Chancellor’s Office
has allowed the community colleges to extend options for grading through the end of
2021. PCC is supporting students through this difficult time by providing 2 options
for alternative grading;
- Pass/No Pass
- Excused Withdrawal
How to Request Alternative Grading
- This form may be used to request an Excused Withdrawal (EW) or Pass/No Pass for Spring 2020 through Fall 2021 terms.
- The last day to request Pass/No Pass is:
Term Deadline Summer 2021 8/8/21 Fall 2021 12/5/21
- There is currently no deadline to request EW.
- Decisions are emailed to the email indicated by the student on the petition form.
After you have downloaded the form:
- Fill out the form completely
- Save it as a copy by adding your full name and lancer ID (if available) to the filename.
For example this-form-namelarryy-lancer-00123456.pdf
- Upload your form using our secure link
Laptops are available to borrow from the PCC Library. You can visit the library anytime during their open hours to check one out!
Student services are currently available online and in-person. To access services, please visit the department's website for hours and availability. You can also use our Help Centers and Support website to access online and in-person help centers.
Resources for Students in Need
Use our resource guide to find help for emergency needs including financial assistance, housing and shelter, food, social services referrals, and financial assistance.