Thank you for your interest in Pasadena City College. The following information will be helpful to those individuals wishing to apply for the position of Superintendent-President.
The Pasadena Area Community College District has contracted with Collaborative Brain Trust, through its consultant Sandra Serrano, to manage the recruitment and application process. Interested applicants should submit the following required application documents:
- Cover letter/Statement of Qualifications limited to 6 pages
- Current resume
- List of references to include contact information for one direct supervisor, one peer, one faculty person, and one direct report
- Applicant Submittal Certification
- Equal Employment Opportunity Survey
Submit required application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicant files with all required application materials received by March 7, 2018 will be reviewed by a College Screening Committee.
- Successful applicants will interview with the Board of Trustees on Saturday, April 7, 2018. Applicants invited to interview may request the reimbursement of reasonable travel expenses.
- Final candidates will be required to participate in a campus visit and attend forums the week of April 23-26, 2018.
- A final determination will be rendered during an open meeting of the Board of Trustees.
Questions about the process? Please contact:
Sandra V. Serrano
Collaborative Brain Trust/CBT
(661) 809-7775 (9 a.m. - 5 p.m. PST)
- The Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1987, Public Law 99-603 requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. This requirement applies to both United States citizens and aliens. Any employee who is unwilling/unable to fulfill this requirement will not be employed.
- Pasadena Area Community College District will not sponsor any visa applications.
- If accommodations are needed for the application process in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please inform Human Resources.
- It is the policy of the PACCD that all candidates for employment need to be cleared for employment through the process of background check and verification of prior employment, references and credentials.
- Crime awareness and campus security information are available from Campus Police and Safety. (Public Law 101-542)
- The Pasadena Area Community College District does not discriminate in the educational programs and activities operated by the District, or in employment procedures and practices of the District. The Policies of Title IX as developed to date are available for inspection during normal business hours at the District Offce at 1570 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to extend time limits or reinstate the search process at any time. Moreover, the Board of Trustees may choose to pursue an external appointment pursuant to the guidelines set forth in Title 5 regulations. The Pasadena Area Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Finally, the District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.