The Latinx Graduation is a celebration that builds community and a sense of familia for PCC Latinx students, and strives to empower students to be the agents for social change in their lives, in their families and in their communities. Our goal is to provide models of success for future generations.
Join us in honoring your accomplishments at PCC in a culturally-rich and bilingual Latinx celebration along with your family & peers. The Latinx Graduation Ceremony is for both Transfer and Graduating students (credit and noncredit). The ceremony includes Sarape stole, entertainment, and dinner. This is a free event!
Latinx Graduation 2019
Friday, June 7th
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Important Dates and Deadlines
Priority Deadline: Friday, April 26, 2019
Any applications received after April 26th will be put on the waiting list.
Student Speaker Application Deadline: Friday, April 26, 2019
Student Orientations: Sign-Up Here
Dress Rehersal: TBA
Graduation: Friday, June 7th, 2019
Pasadena City College, Sexson Auditorium
1570 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106
Doors open: 5:30 pm
Graduation Ceremony: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Dinner: 8:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Please be seated at all times (house rules). The following are prohibited: Balloons, view-obstructing signs, air horns, food and beverages, flash photography, and strollers.
Free Parking (with permit) in Lot 5 Only (Located on Bonnie Ave)
You may also park in other lots and purchase a parking permit
- Elevator access from 1st floor of C building, enter Southside by V building.
- Visitors with official DMV placard may park in any spot without PCC permit.
- ASL (American Sign Language) is available. Must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Any other requests may be sent to email@example.com or call (626) 585-3167
Apply to be a Student Speaker
Pasadena City College will salute its associate degree, certificate candidates, and transfer students at the Latinx Graduation on Friday, June 7th, 2019 at Sexson auditorium. As part of the program, student(s) will be selected to speak on behalf of their class. If you would like to be considered for this special honor, please submit an application.
What we're looking for:
The committee is interested in a speech, either in English or Spanish, that will resonate with the entire audience - students, parents, and guests. The speech cannot be more than 3 minutes long.
- Be a PCC student
- Be transferring, graduating, or receiving a certificate (CTE)
- Be able to attend the Latinx Graduation ceremony on June 7th, 2019 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at Sexson Auditorium
- Be able to present your speech to the Latinx Committee (date/time TBA)
- Submit your speech and complete application
All applications are due April 26, 2019. If you are selected to audition in person, you must be available to meet on a Wednesday (date TBA) between 11:00 am -1:00 pm. You will be contacted via email/phone number provided.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (626) 585-7287 with any additional questions.