Test accommodations are any modifications made to tests or testing conditions that allow students with disabilities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in a testing situation. Common test accommodations include extending the amount of time students are given to complete a test, the test in an alternate format, a less distracting environment, or access to assistive technology and adaptive furniture.
Eligible students will request their accommodation through AIM at the beginning of the semester. DSP&S will send via email a Faculty Noticiation Letter a.k.a the Classroom Accommodation Plan (CAP).
- Students will submit an Accommodation Request to all of their instructors via AIM.
- Once you receive a request, you may complete and Alternative Testing Agreement for your entire class wherein which any students that receive alternative testing for that class will follow the same guidelines.
- Once an Alternative Testing Agreement is completed, it is your students responsibility to request an exam date and time with DSP&S.
- Once your student requests a test date and time, please review it. If approved, upload an exam file in AIM so that DSP&S may confirm the appointment with the student.
- DSP&S will proctor your students and deliver the completed exam to you using the method you specified.
- To access the Alternative Tesing Agreement, log in to the AIM Instructor Portal.