Get Started in DSP&S
If you have a verified disability and would like to get started with the DSP&S program,
you can apply by following the steps outlined below:
- Apply to PCC
To start receiving DSP& services, you must be a PCC student. Apply Now to get Started!
- Apply to receive DSP&S services by bringing the following to the DSP&S office:
- A completed DSP&S application
- Verification of Disability (VOD). VODs may include SECs from other colleges, IEPs
from the K-12 system, and medical documentation such as audiograms or doctor’s reports
- Your transcripts or other educational documentation you feel may be relevant to services
you may need at PCC.
- Complete the PCC New Students “steps to register” process
- Contact our office if you need assistance with this process or accommodations for
your placement test.
- This step is skipped if your functional limitations or educational needs prevent you
from going through the “steps to register” process.
Go to the Steps to Register
- Meet with a DSP&S professional
During this meeting, you will:
- Answer intake questions
- Develop and sign your Academic Accommodation Plan (AAP) with your teacher specialist.
Your teacher specialist will also be able to help you with choosing classes and setting
up your SEC.