If you are a DSP&S student, you have access to reserved labs on campus equipped with assistive technology software. Additionally, our office offers a variety of services including assistive technology devices loans and training on how to use them!
All workstations have a full suite of assistive software available to use. Available software includes:
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Jaws (Job Access with Speech) for Windows
- NVDA (Nonvisual Desktop Access)
- Kurzweil 3000 Literacy software
- ZoomText Screen Magnification
- LearningAlly Link
You can request that assistive technology be added to public access computers at PCC. Some of the available software includes, but is not limited to:
- Kurzweil (if not already installed)
- Read&Write; Gold (if not already installed)
- LearningAlly Link
To request specialized software on a computer, please email the following information to our Assistive Technology Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The room number and PCC station number.
The name of the software requested.
Assistive Technology for your personal device
You can request access to assistive software for use on your personal device.
- Sonocent Audio Notetaker. Complete this Sonocent Request Form, you will receive an email inviting you to download and activate the software within the next two business days.
The ATC has assistive devices that can be checked out if you are an eligible DSP&S students. Available devices include:
- Laptops or tablets running assistive software
- Assistive listening devices
- Portable magnifiers
- Notetaking devices and digital recorders
Come to D-208 to borrow assistive technology. You will be asked to complete a short Assistive Technology Loan Agreement prior to borrowing the device. Please fill it out as completely as possible and include the classes where the device is needed. This helps us with scheduling.
Need help with assistive technology? We offer individual and group training on various assistive technologies. To schedule a training, email the Assistive Technology Specialist at email@example.com or call (626)-585-7127. You may request a group training session by going to room D-209.