A limited amount of space is available in each of our programs, so apply early to reserve your spot!
How to Apply
Complete the PCC Study Abroad Application Form
To complete the application you will need to submit a personal statement and upload the following items:
TRANSCRIPTS (.pdf): both unofficial and official versions are acceptable. The transcript must include grades for your most recent completed coursework and overall G.P.A., at PCC and/or any other academic institution. High school transcripts will be accepted in cases where no college coursework has been completed. Current PCC students and recent alumni may acquire unofficial transcripts through LancerPoint. Learn more: Transcripts and Verifications.
PHOTOGRAPH (.jpg, .gif, .png, .pdf): The photo must be 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) and display your full face, stretching from the top of your chest to the top of your head. No glasses, hats, or head coverings may be worn in the image. Only color photos will be accepted. Note: A high-resolution scan of your passport photo will work if you do not have an image that meets these requirements.How to Write a Personal Statement for PCC Study Abroad
All applicants must compose a 300 word (minimum) personal statement that addresses these points:
- The program destination & term you are applying to.
- Why do you wish to study abroad?
Note any factors that led you to this decision.
- Why are you interested in this program?
Note any personal history or interest in the program destination, coursework, faculty, activities, etc.; and highlight any links between the program and your academic, career, and/or personal development goals.
- What might you contribute to the program?
Note any relevant personality traits, academic interests/pursuits, personal history, experiences, etc.
- Your potential to complete coursework in a foreign setting (i.e. academic readiness).
Coursework is an important part of all study abroad programs. Note any individual behavioral aspects – persistence, time management, interpersonal skills, etc. – that may assist you in succeeding in your study abroad coursework.
- How might you benefit from the program?
- Note any distinct program components that will impact your overall learning experience. What do you hope to gain from the program – personally, academically, professionally? How might the program impact your academic goals and career objectives.
- Acquire an Academic Recommendation
Ask an academic instructor to compose and submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. Letters of recommendation may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please see the Academic Recommendation form for more details.
Download the Academic Recommendation Form
- Attend a Scheduled Interview
You will be invited for an interview once your application materials are complete.
- Enroll in the Program
Upon acceptance into your program, you will be directed to pay a $450.00 enrollment deposit to reserve your spot.