Theater Arts (AA-T)
The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer is designed to build students’ performance skills in the area of theatrical production, including acting, stagecraft, and technical theatre; to enrich students’ aesthetic and intellectual proficiency in theatre, theatre history, and literature; and to provide pre‐professional training. The AA‐T in Theatre Arts emphasizes production and experience in the creation of theatrical performances. At the same time, the degree offers courses in all aspects of the theatre, both artistic and academic. Faculty, staff, and students work closely together to build a solid foundation in the practical, artistic, and historical aspects of theatre.
The Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer degree will be awarded upon completion of course work totaling 60 California State University (CSU) transferable units including the above major requirements and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC for CSU) or California State University General Education (CSU GE) requirements with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better. (Students completing this degree are not required to fulfill additional PCC graduation requirements.)
Associate in Arts in Theatre Arts for Transfer Degree
REQUIRED CORE (9 UNITS)
- THRT 001 ‐ Introduction to Theatre (3)
or THRT 005A – Theatre History I (3)
- THRT 002A ‐ Acting Fundamentals (3)
Select (three units maximum)
- THRT 028 ‐ Studio Production (1)
- THRT 029 ‐ Rehearsal and Performance (3)
THRT 030 ‐ Stage Techniques (1)
LIST A: SELECT 9 UNITS
- THRT 002B – Intermediate Acting (3)
- THRT 013 – Introduction to Scenic Design (3)
- THRT 041 – Fundamentals of Stage Lighting (3)
- THRT 015 – Costume Crafts (3)
- THRT 010A – Makeup for Stage and Screen (3)
- THRT 009 – Script Analysis (3)
- THRT 012A – Technical Theatre (4)
Selection from the following REQUIRED CORE courses not already used (3 units maximum)
- THRT 028 – Studio Production (1)
- THRT 029 – Rehearsal and Performance (3)
- THRT 030 – Stage Techniques (1)
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of theatre concepts, elements, and terminology.
- Collaborate with others in the production of theatrical works.
- Research, analyze, and interpret dramatic literature and theatre arts.
- Required Subtotal: 18-19
- CSU General Education or IGETC Pattern: 37-39
- Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units)
- DEGREE TOTAL: 60