Business Administration (AS-T)
This program provides an opportunity for students to earn an Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer while preparing to transfer as an upper division student to a four-year college or university. For those students considering a career in business, a baccalaureate degree is necessary. However, the attainment of an Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer will demonstrate commitment to the field and the student’s ability to complete an educational goal. An Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer is awarded for satisfactory performance in major courses, as well as completion of general education and graduation requirements
In doing so, students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to transfer to an upper division Business program at a California State University. Given the uniqueness of each CSU campus, completion of the Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer will also prepare students for the various options under business administration such as; Business Law, Management, Accounting, Finance, and Marketing to name a few.
The Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer degree will be awarded upon completion of course work totaling 60 California State University (CSU) transferable units including the above major requirements and the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC for CSU) or California State University General Education (CSU GE) requirements with a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better. (Students completing this degree are not required to fulfill additional PCC graduation requirements.)
Associate in Science in Business Administration for Transfer Degree
Required Courses (17 UNITS)
- ACCT 001A – Financial Accounting (4)
- ACCT 001B – Managerial Accounting (4)
- BUS 012A – Business Law (3)
- ECON 001A – Principles of Economics (3)
ECON 001B – Principles of Economics (3)
List A: Select 1 Course From Below (4 UNITS)
- BUS 014B – Mathematical Analysis for Business-Calculus (4)
- MATH 012 – Finite Math (4)
- STAT 015 – Statistics for Business and Economics (4)
STAT 050 - Elementary Statistics (4)
List B: Select 2 Courses From Below or any course from List A not already used (5-8 UNITS)
- BIT 025 – Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 009 – Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 011A – Business Communications (3)
- CIS 001 – Introduction to Computers (3)
- CIS 010 – Introduction to Information Systems (5)
- Required Subtotal: 27-29
- CSU General Education or IGETC Pattern: 39-41
- CSU transferable units to meet 60 unit maximum for degree: 1-3
- Degree Total: 60
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a productive working knowledge of the basic functions of a business enterprise, including: accounting, entrepreneurship, economics, business law, finance, human resource management, ethics and marketing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the communication process in a business and professional setting, including: written, oral, non-verbal, electronic, and active listening.