Television and Radio - Writing for Film, Television and Radio
This curriculum prepares students for entry-level positions in the commercial, independent, public and corporate film, television and radio industries. Such positions include editorial assistant, assistant copy editor, script reader, script supervisor, researcher, promotions, casting assistant and assistant to a literary agent.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Research, structure, and write dramatic and non-dramatic content for radio, television, and multimedia.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 15-16
- TVR 015 – Introduction to Media Writing (3)
- TVR 017A – Television and Film Script Writing (3)
- TVR 017B – Television and Film Script Writing (3)
- TVR 018 – Radio and Television Newswriting (3)
(3-4 units – any ONE of the following electives):
- TVR 001 – Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 016A – Television production (4)
- TVR 019 – Introduction to Media Aesthetics and Cinematic Arts (3)
- TVR 021 – Electronic Media Management (3)