Television and Radio - Video Operations
This curriculum prepares students for entry-level positions in the commercial and corporate television industries. Cable and satellite TV distribution continues to expand. Qualified master control operators, tape operators, duplication technicians and ingestion operators will be required for both new and traditional forms of television distribution.
An Occupational Skills Certificate is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Apply production techniques to aural and visual media.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, including collaborative skills and abilities.
- Demonstrate technological proficiency.
Requirements for the Occupational Skills Certificate
Required Units: 12
- TVR 007 – Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 107 – Video Studio Controls (5)
- TVR 108 – Television Operations (4)