Computer Information Systems - Web Development
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
Analyze a problem and formulate steps required to solve that problem using web development programming languages.
Design Top Down or Object Oriented algorithms to solve problems.
Develop, test, deploy, and maintain secure web applications based on a Top Down or Object Oriented algorithm.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 18-19
- CIS 012 - Introduction to Programming (3)
- CIS 192 - Introduction to Web Development (3)
- CIS 197 - Web Development Using PHP and MYSQL (3)
Required Electives (Select 2 Courses, 6-7 units)
- CIS 010 - Introduction to Information Systems (3)
- CIS 011 - Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4)
- CIS 014 - C++ Programming (3)
- CIS 016 - JAVA Programming (3)
- CIS 031 - Introduction to Database Management Systems (3)
- CIS 036 - Introduction to Visual Basic (3)
- CIS 038 - Advanced Visual Basic (3)
- CIS 062 - Introduction to Systems Analysis (3)
- CIS 199 - Web Scripting and Web Server Security (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.