Television and Radio - Television Operations
The curriculum prepares students for employment as commercial, corporate, and cable television operators. With the growth of cable and satellite distribution and the continuing development of new communication technologies (high definition television, fiber optics and digital media), expanding opportunities will be available for well-trained individuals.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Create effective communication using written, oral and/or audio-visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking in a media context.
- Integrate professional standards of conduct in a media context.
- Develop technological proficiency in a media context.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 28-30
- TVR 001 – Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 002A – Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 007 – Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- CIS 030 – Networks and Telecommunications (3)
- TVR 107 – Video Studio Controls (5)
- TVR 024 – Electronic News Gathering and Editing (3)
- TVR 041 – Beginning Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 108 – Television Operations (4)
Complete one of the following:
- TVR 117 – Telecommunications Workshop (1)
- TVR 119 – Radio Workshop (3)
- TVR 120 – Radio Workshop (2)
- TVR 124 – Television Field Production (3)
- TVR 128A – TV Operations Internship (1)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.