Television and Radio - Television Operations
The curriculum prepares students for employment as commercial, corporate, and cable television operators. With the growth of cable and satellite distribution and the continuing development of new communication technologies (high definition television, fiber optics and digital media), expanding opportunities will be available for well-trained individuals.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Create effective communication using written, oral and/or audio-visual methods in a media context.
- Integrate critical thinking in a media context.
- Integrate professional standards of conduct in a media context.
- Develop technological proficiency in a media context.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 25-27
- TVR 001 – Introduction to Electronic Media (3)
- TVR 002A – Beginning Audio Production (3)
- TVR 007 – Beginning TV Studio Production (3)
- TVR 107 – Video Studio Controls (5)
- TVR 108A – Digital Video Systems (2.5)
- TVR 024 – Electronic News Gathering and Documentary Production (3)
- TVR 041 – Beginning Digital Non-Linear Video Editing (3)
- TVR 108B – Video Broadcasting and Streaming (2.5)
Complete one of the following:
- TVR 117 – Telecommunications Workshop (1)
- TVR 119 – Sports Radio Broadcasting Workshop (3)
- TVR 120 – Radio Production Workshop (2)
- TVR 124 – Television Field Production (3)
- TVR 128A – TV Operations Internship (1)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.