Computer Information Systems - Programming
This Programming curriculum prepares students with necessary skills to seek entry-level employment in programming. Instruction includes development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of applications using Python, C++, Java, and Visual Basic programming languages.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain applications using Python programming language.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain applications using C++ programming language.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain applications using Java programming language.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain applications using Visual Basic programming language.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 18-19
- CIS 012 – Introduction to Programming (3)
- CIS 014 C++ Programming (3)
- CIS 016 JAVA Programming (3)
- CIS 036 Introduction to Visual Basic (3)
Select 2 courses
- CIS 010 Introduction to Information Systems (3)
- CIS 011 Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4)
- CIS 031 Introduction to Database Management Systems (3)
- CIS 038 Advanced Visual Basic (3)
- CIS 040 UNIX/LINUX Administration (3)
- CIS 062 Introduction to Systems Analysis (3)
- CIS 192 Introduction to Web Development (3)
- CIS 197 Web Development Using PHP and MYSQL (3)
- CIS 199 Web Development Using Ruby on Rails (3)
- ENGL 100 – Reading and Writing Skills (4)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.