Product Design - Graphics
The program prepares students with an interest and strengths in graphics with a portfolio to enter the product design profession as an entry-level designer. The courses develop a focused range of knowledge and skills to seek employment with an emphasis on graphic application related to products. Projects emphasize creativity, function, environmental, and social concerns in addition to technical skills.
Portfolios can also be used for transfer application.
Completion of all courses with a grade of C or better is required for the certificate.
- Understand the fundamental purpose of graphic design with application to product design.
- Create projects that demonstrate product-graphic design processes which include branding/identity, packaging, computer assisted drawing and painting.
- Analyze, evaluate and improve designs through the critique process.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 33
- ART 015 – Sketching For Design (3)
- ART 016 – Perspective (3)
- ART 031A – Color and Composition-Two Dimensional Design (3)
- ART 018 – Rendering (3)
- ART 033A – Product Design Application (3)
- ART 050A – Introduction to Graphic Design & Advertising (3)
- ART 033B – Product Design Application (3)
- ART 051A – Typography – Lettering (3)
- ART 056 – Introduction to Digital Painting & Drawing (3)
- ART 033C – Product Design Application (3)
- PHOT 030 – Introduction to Digital Image Editing (3)
- ART 001A – History of Western Art-Prehistoric through Medieval (3)
- ART 011A – Foundation Drawing (3)
- PHOT 021 – Introduction to Black and White Photography (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.