Business Administration - Marketing Management
The curriculum prepares students for careers as managers in the merchandising division of a retail store. Merchandising managers can own their own businesses, work for a major department store chain, work for a small independent retailer or any number of retail, wholesale and/or service businesses. The program offers classroom instruction plus supervised work experience in businesses in the community. Students must provide their own transportation to off-campus sites.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop a marketing plan tailored for a specific target market.
- Analyze an organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from a marketing perspective.
- Explain the environmental factors which influence consumer and organizational decision making.
- Identify the ethical challenges that companies face in marketing a brand.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 21
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 117 - Human Relations/Organizational Behavior (3)
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- MRKT 123 - Promotions and Marketing Communications (3)
- MRKT 132 - Retail Management (3)
- MRKT 150 - Social Media Marketing for Business (3)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.