Business Administration - Marketing Management
The curriculum prepares students for careers as managers in the merchandising division of a retail store. Merchandising managers can own their own businesses, work for a major department store chain, work for a small independent retailer or any number of retail, wholesale and/or service businesses. The program offers classroom instruction plus supervised work experience in businesses in the community. Students must provide their own transportation to off-campus sites.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop a marketing plan tailored for a specific target market.
- Analyze an organization's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from a marketing perspective.
- Explain the environmental factors which influence consumer and organizational decision making.
- Identify the ethical challenges that companies face in marketing a brand.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 21
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 117 - Human Relations/Organizational Behavior (3)
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- MRKT 123 - Promotions and Marketing Communications (3)
- MRKT 132 - Retail Management (3)
- MRKT 150 - Social Media Marketing for Business (3)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.