Business Administration - Marketing Management
The curriculum prepares students for careers as managers in the merchandising division of a retail store. Merchandising managers can own their own businesses, work for a major department store chain, work for a small independent retailer or any number of retail, wholesale and/or service businesses. The program offers classroom instruction plus supervised work experience in businesses in the community. Students must provide their own transportation to off-campus sites.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Explain three methods of artistic merchandise display.
- Present a 5-minute sales demonstration.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 36
- BUS 013 - Business Lectures (1)
- BUS 160 - Customer Service (3)
- MRKT 128 - Marketing Field Practice (3)
- MRKT 125 - Merchandising (3)
- BUS 114 - Business Mathematics (3)
- MRKT 020 - Principles of Marketing (3)
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (4)
or Acct 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- BUS 128 - Human Resources Management (3)
- BUS 117 - Human Relations for Business (3)
- ENGL 001A - Reading and Composition (4)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 161 - Applied Business Principles and Practices (2)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.