Business Administration - Management
The curriculum prepares students to seek employment as managers or supervisors in medium or large corporations, emphasizing leadership skills. The business supervisor coordinates the operation, production, distribution and sales divisions within an organization by planning, organizing, directing, controlling resources and executing administrative policies through support personnel.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Compare and contrast international and domestic business.
- Write effective business correspondence, and give clear, concise oral presentations.
- Research and analyze management and leadership issues and provide solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with others.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 27-29
- ACCT 001A - Financial Accounting (5)
or ACCT 010 - Bookkeeping-Accounting (4)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BUS 002 - Personal Finance (3)
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- BUS 010 - Introduction to Management (3)
or BUS 128 - Human Resources Management (3)
- BUS 016 - Business Computations Utilizing Technology (3)
or STAT 015 - Statistics for Business and Economics (4)
or BUS 014A - Mathematical Analysis for Business-Finite (4)
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
or BUS 117 - Human Relations/Organizational Behavior (3)
- BUS 161 - Applied Business Principles and Practices (2)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.