Business Information Technology - Business Information Worker II
The Business Information Worker II Certificate of Achievement provides students with skills in records management, collaboration software, presentation software, and QuickBooks. This secondary stage in the BIW pathway increases students' value and opportunities in multiple occupations, including but not limited to: office, business and executive administrative support, office supervision/coordination, small business support, retail sales, customer service and marketing support. Students completing this certificate will be equipped to take multiple Microsoft Office Specialist credential exams and become a QuickBooks certified user.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Develop a solution to a business problem using the most appropriate business application software.
- Apply software tools to function effectively as a team member using collaborative web-based work spaces.
- Construct business presentations that are accurate, well-organized, and are appropriate to the audience and purpose.
- Develop accurate accounting reports using appropriate spreadsheet and accounting software.
- Organize customer service tasks using customer relationship management software.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 19
- ACCT 104A – Computerized Accounting – QuickBooks (3)
- ACCT 010 – Bookkeeping–Accounting (4)
- BIT 105 – Business Software–Microsoft Access (2)
- BIT 109 – Business Software–Microsoft PowerPoint (2)
- BIT 117 – Collaborative Web-Based Workspaces (1)
- BIT 133 – Business Software–Microsoft Excel (2)
- BIT 135 – Business Software – Customer Relationship Management (2)
- MRKT 020 – Principles of Marketing (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.