Additional ESL Courses: Targeted and Condensed Level Courses
In addition to our ESL Certificate Programs, we also offer individual ESL courses to enhance your language skills. These courses do not have Prerequisites (no placement tests are required).
Certificates are not offered for individual ESL condensed and targeted skills courses.
These courses can be completed in a shorter time frame than regular ESL level classes. Each class consists of a total of 72 hours per semester and does not require a placement test.
- ESLN 1010A - English as a Second Language, Level 1- Condensed
- ESLN 1015A - English as a Second Language, Level 2 - Condensed
- ESLN 1020A - English as a Second Language, Level 3 - Condensed
- ESLN 1030A - English as a Second Language, Level 4 - Condensed
- ESLN 1040A - English as a Second Language, Level 5 -Condensed
These are supplemental courses to enhance your English skills. They can be taken individually and do not require a placement test.
- ESLN 1072 - Intermediate Conversation
- ESLN 1074 - Advanced Conversation
- ESLN 1082 - Introduction to Pronunciation
- ESLN 1084 - Advanced Pronunciation
- ESLN 1092 - Intermediate Grammar Review
- ESLN 1094 - Advanced Grammar Review
- ESLN 1102 - Basic-Intermediate Writing Skills
- ESLN 1104 - Advanced Writing Skills
- ESLN 1112 - Intermediate Reading & Vocabulary
- ESLN 1114 - Advanced Reading & Vocabulary
- ESLN 1122A - Introduction to American Culture, Module A
- ESLN 1122B - Introduction to American Culture, Module B
- ESLN 11224 - Advanced American Culture: Current Social Issues
Steps to Get Started
Use the guide below to start taking condensed or targeted ESL courses. For more detailed instructions, go to How to Take Noncredit Classes.
- Check course availability in Schedule of Classes
To find ESL courses in the class schedule, look for the subject “ESL Noncredit”.