What to Do
If you're a new PCC student OR a student returning after an absence of more than one semester, you will need to apply to PCC before you can register for classes.
How To Do It
How to Apply to the noncredit division
follow these steps if you do not have an OpenCCC Account
Go to the Noncredit Application
- Before applying to the college, you must first create an OpenCCC Account (Once you
create an OpenCCC Account, you can use it to apply to other California Community Colleges
in the system). Click on Create an Account.
Please note: You must have an email address to be able to create an OpenCCC Account and apply to PCC. If you don’t have an email, make sure to create one before continuing with the application process.
- In the “Create Your OpenCCC Account” page, click on Begin Creating My Account. Complete the three pages (Personal Information, Contact Information, and Security
- Tips for Page 1: The Social Security number is optional. (If you don’t want to provide your SSN, select “No”)
- Tips for Page 2: Email is required.
Tips for Page 3: Make sure to write down your username, password, PIN, and security questions
- After you click on Create My Account on the third page, you will receive a confirmation that your account was created. You may continue to the Noncredit Application by clicking Continue.
Complete all the sections in the Noncredit College Application before submitting. You will need to provide information about your previous education to complete the application. Note: You can click Save at any point of the Application to return and complete at a later time.
- If you just created your OpenCCC Account, you will be able to click Continue and land on the first page of the Noncredit College Application.
If you already have an OpenCCC Account, you will need to:
- Go to the Noncredit Application
- Click Sign In. Enter your OpenCCC Username and Password
Click Sign In. Click on Start A New Application
You will now land on the first page of the Noncredit College Application. On the left-hand side are 6 sections that you will need to navigate through
- In the Enrollment Information section of the Noncredit Application, select the terms
(semesters) you intend to start classes, your Educational Goal, and a primary Program
of Study from the drop down menu.
Note: If your Program of Study is not listed, select any other subject from the list. Click Continue.
In the Account Information section, review your OpenCCC Account information and edit if necessary (Please note, Social Security number is optional). Select or fill out your mailing address. Click Continue.
In the Education section, provide information about your previous education in the US or in other countries. You may need to provide school names and dates. Click Continue.
The Needs & Interests section is OPTIONAL. If you plan on continuing to credit courses, the additional programs and services listed on this page may be available. Click Continue.
In the Demographic Information section, Parent/Guardian Educational Level is REQUIRED. Select from the drop down options. All other questions on this page are OPTIONAL. Click Continue.
- Complete the Supplemental Questions section and click Continue.
- In the Submission section, review your application and edit if necessary. Select whether
you consent to release information and agree to the terms of admission.
- Note: You will need to acknowledge an understanding about financial aid in the second checkbox. However, Financial Aid does not apply to Noncredit classes.
Click Submit My Application.
Once you submit your application, you will be taken to a confirmation page. Click Continue and you will be given an option to complete an Application Survey and/or view useful website links. At the bottom of the page, click Sign Out and Finish. Make sure to close all browser windows to sign out completely.
After you Apply
After you complete the application, you will receive an email message, confirming your application submission, at the email address you provided.
- Within 5 business days, you will receive a Welcome Letter via email. This email will contain your new LancerPoint Username and ID Number. You will need this information to activate your LancerPoint account. Please note, if you do not receive a response within 5 business days or if you need help applying, visit or contact our Admissions and Records office.
Contact the Noncredit Division to get your questions answered.