Parent Education Classes
Invest in your child’s well-being by participating in FREE Parent Education classes taught by certificated instructors with MA’s in Early Childhood Education and Marriage and Family Counseling. PCC provides a supportive and stimulating environment for parents and children’s optimal learning experience.
*During PCC's period of temporary campus closure, we have moved our Noncredit classes online. Please note that some classes may vary in availability. Check the Schedule of Classes to view courses that are currently offered.
Adult Discussion Topics
- Sleep Training
- Developmental Stages
- Language Acquisition
- Health and Safety
- Family Dynamics
Activities for Children
- Music and movement
- Art and craft projects
- Imaginative manipulatives
- Sand and Water Play
- Large and small group activities
- Gross motor and fine motor development
We offer the following Parenting Education Courses:
- Birth to 6 months*
- 7 - 12 mo*
- 13 - 17 mo*
- 18 - 23 mo*
- 2 years
- 3 years*
- Multi-Age, 2 - 4 year olds
- Family Group birth - 4 years
- Dad’s Class
- Court Mandated Parenting
*The cutoff date is determined by the age of the child by September 1st at the start of the current Fall semester. If the child misses the cutoff date by even one day, parent must register in the younger age group.
Go to the Admissions and Records office, room 100 in the Community Education Center at 3035 E. Foothill Blvd Pasadena, CA 91107
Bring a photo ID and fill out an Application for Admission Form then register for open classes or receive a priority registration date.
The following items are required to participate in our Parent Education classes.
- Funding is dependent on participation. In order to keep classes state funded, students need to arrive to class on time and sign-in
- Proof of a negative TB test within the last 4 years
- Child’s birth certificate
- Enrollment is limited to 2 classes per family
- A registered adult must remain with child in class
- The student must be registered in the proper age group for the child. If the child’s birth date misses the cutoff date by even ONE DAY, please enroll in the younger age group. Siblings must be within the designated age categories of the class.