It's never too late to earn your High School diploma. Continue and complete your high school education through our Adult High School Diploma program. Our program is approved by the California Community College Chancellor's Office and provides a comprehensive education, with courses in Natural Sciences, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Humanities, English, Mathematics, and a selection of electives.

Program Benefits

Morning, evening or Saturday courses available

Get credit for the courses you've already completed

Get academic, career, and personal counseling

College orientation program available

Earn work experience & military credit for your elective courses

Graduation & Earning Your Diploma

To graduate from PCC and receive your high school diploma, you will need to complete 160 units in the required courses of study. A minimum of 20 units must be completed in residency at PCC; this means that you take a minimum of four five-credit courses. Only one class challenge can be applied for residency requirements.

Adult High School Diploma Coursework

To complete the program and be eligible for a High School diploma, you must complete 160 course credits in the following subjects:

  • English (30 credits)
  • Mathematics (25 credits)
  • Social & Behavioral Sciences (30 credits)
  • Natural Science (20 credits)
  • Humanities (10 credits)
  • Electives (45 credits)


The first step is to apply to the Noncredit division. After you have completed your application, you will take placement tests and then meet with a counselor to plan your classes.

Apply to the Noncredit Division

Diplomas are issued by the Pasadena Area Community College District to students who complete the required course of study and demonstrate proficiency in basic skills.

Yes! We accept coursework from previous high schools, foreign countries, armed forces programs, colleges, and other accredited career technical institutions.

After you apply to the noncredit division, send an official transcript from all previous schools and programs to the Noncredit Admissions office (Foothill Campus, Room 100).

Ready to get started?

The first step to continuing your education and earning your diploma is to apply to the Noncredit division.