Pasadena Area Consortium
The PCC Noncredit Division, Pasadena Unified School District (PUSD), Arcadia Unified School District, and Temple City Unified School District have entered into the Pasadena Area Consortium (PAC) to expand adult education programs to a greater number of adult learners.
AB 86 Section 76, Article 3 provided grant funds to the regional consortium to design and implement a plan to better serve adults in their respective regions with new, enhanced programs and services addressing the following five key program areas:
- Elementary and secondary basic skills, including classes required for high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate;
- Classes and courses for immigrants eligible for education services in citizenship and English as a Second Language, and workforce preparation classes in basic skills;
- Education programs for adults with disabilities;
- Short-term career technical education (CTE) programs with high employment potential; and
- Programs for apprentices.
The PAC’s vision is to provide academic and workforce skills training and teaching excellence for all Adult Basic Education (ABE), Adult Secondary Education (ASE), and English as Second Language (ESL) learners in a supportive community environment. The goal is also to promote higher educational pathways or workforce preparation goals through noncredit, credit academic or CTE programs.
Pasadena Area Consortium Advisory Board (PAB)