Under general supervision of the Media Center Coordinator, performs a variety of Web and interactive material production duties, including work as production team leader and related work as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Determines that client needs are consistent with policies and procedures.
- Provides aesthetic and design input at project proposal stage.
- Works closely with Media Center Coordinator to define resource needs for product development.
- Works to build creative teams for new projects by evaluating interdepartmental team members.
- Works closely with team members in identifying the needs and objectives of the client.
- Works closely with team members to create presentations of concepts for client viewing.
- Presents aesthetic direction and concepts of projects to clients.
- Establishes aesthetic direction and negotiates the balance between form and function of projects.
- Provides creative input to projects in the pre-production phase.
- Provides creative and innovative design leadership to members of project team.
- Works closely with team members to define tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Develops the aesthetic concepts of the project’s User Interface.
- Supervises project management and production.
- Supervises quality assurance (QA) process completion.
- Coordinates site launches and special events including night, weekend, and holiday assignments.
- Manages client expectations and ensures client needs are met.
- Responsible for the department’s overall performance within assigned projects.
- Works with Media Center Coordinator to maintain fiscal integrity of the production team.
- Provides mentoring and training for team members to enhance professional growth and education.
- Stays current with technical and artistic advances in interactive media production, and conveys such information to interdepartmental team members.
- At the request of a supervisor, performs a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by a Web Producer.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with some additional college or technical training. Must have experience as Web site producer. Must be able to speak and write English effectively and professionally. Must be expert in designing Web sites and interactive multimedia for both Macintosh and Windows platforms. Must be expert user of both Macintosh and Windows operating systems and be familiar with Unix. Must submit multiplatform CD-ROM portfolio of Interactive media and published Web sites.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of multimedia production practices and terminology. Ability to organize and maintain project files; interpret and apply technical policies and procedures using independent judgment; follow and give instructions; provide direction and training to staff; professionally conduct business and maintain effective working relations with the public, staff and vendors; work in a multiethnic environment; operate flatbed and film scanners, digital still and video cameras, audio components, and other content input devices; expert knowledge of all Adobe and Macromedia interactive multimedia tools; function effectively in a multitasking environment; proven record as a team leader and experience in staff and project management.
Self-motivated creativity; formal or informal teaching or tutoring experience; experience overseeing budgets and schedules for production jobs and accountability for remaining within budgetary limitations, ability to develop overall production stage guidelines (production plans, design and technical specifications, product architecture and structure, testing and assessing). Should have thorough knowledge of all Adobe and Macromedia software, especially Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
Skills: Organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills required.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other production equipment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax