This position is in the Office of Student Affairs under general direction of the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. The office offers a wide variety of activities, programs, and services and serves the interests of a culturally diverse population. The office involves students in college governance, provides support and guidance in co-curricular activities, assists clubs with cultural and recreational activities, and more. This position interacts with many students and staff members. The environment is noisy and there is considerable in-person and telephone traffic. The successful candidate for this position may be needed to work an adjusted schedule at peak times. The office is committed to supportive educational experiences, services, and systems for all students and others served.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Performs bookkeeping tasks, including computer-based record keeping and preparing periodic reports, for the Student Service Fund.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks, including computer-based record keeping and preparing periodic reports, for the Associated Students Executive Board.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks, including computer-based record keeping and preparing periodic reports, for the Student Center Fund.
- Performs bookkeeping tasks, including computer-based record keeping and preparing periodic reports, for the Flea Market on an as-needed basis.
- Prepares board reports for large number of authorized student travel requests.
- Provides for and maintains LancerCard material supplies (cards, printer ribbons, etc.) to ensure ongoing availability of LancerCards for students and staff, within established budgets.
- Oversees LancerCard equipment maintenance and reports cleaning and repair needs to technical staff as appropriate.
- Oversees Associated Students (ASPCC) Computer Café staffing to ensure necessary coverage of facility, within established budgets.
- Oversees ASPCC Computer Café staff and user compliance with established Associated Students and district policies and procedures; ensures staff and user availability of/access to policies and procedures in printed and other forms.
- Oversees ASPCC Computer Café equipment maintenance and schedules staff for periodic cleaning, needed maintenance and any selected upgrades.
- Provides for ASPCC Computer Café material supplies (printer paper, printer cartridges, etc.) through ordering and inventory control and within established budgets.
- At the request of a supervisor, performs a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by a Student Affairs Bookkeeper and Clerk.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school or two years of college level coursework and two years of responsible experience in bookkeeping, accounting, office assistant, and/or secretarial work.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of acceptable current bookkeeping standards and automated bookkeeping computer applications; knowledge of current office practices and procedures. Ability to interpret and explain bookkeeping practices, records, reports, and requirements; keep automated records, justify records, and prepare periodic reports; communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and members of the public in person, in writing, and on the telephone; oversee the work of student employees; assume responsibility and exercise sound judgment; work successfully in a highly diverse cultural environment; establish and maintain effective working relationship with others; operate or learn to operate technical equipment related to the features and functions of the production of, and of the financial infrastructure of, the college’s smart card system; operate bookkeeping, adding, copying, faxing and other modern office machines.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax