Under direction, to do a variety of clerical work of above average difficulty or of a highly specialized nature; to maintain records and give out information where knowledge of a variety of college procedures and policies is required; may lead several employees in a functional unit; and to do related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Must be bilingual.
- Conducts transactions with students or school personnel in matters requiring a detailed knowledge of rules. procedures, policies, precedents and activities.
- Assembles data and sets up and maintains files and records which require discretion in assigning items to proper place or in revising.
- Checks and reviews a variety of forms and documents for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established regulations and procedures.
- Plans and schedules work and develops method for expediting work at peak periods.
- Interprets, applies, and gives out information on policies and procedures which affect the permanent status of a student or an employee.
- May train and supervise student assistants or other workers or may help them to follow policies and procedures.
- At the request of a supervisor, shall perform a variety of unscheduled duties normally and traditionally performed by a Senior Clerk-Translator.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and three years of increasingly responsible general clerical work involving work with the public or students. No specific typing skill requirement has been established for the class although evaluations of skill may be necessary to make assignments to jobs that require both speed and accuracy.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of office practices, supplies and equipment; knowledge of English grammar, spelling and usage; ability to plan and organize a variety of work with varying deadlines; ability to learn, interpret and apply laws, rules, policies and procedures; ability to revise or develop and analyze information related to assigned activities; ability to perform complex and involved clerical work involving independent judgment, speed and accuracy; ability to keep information and materials confidential; for some assignments, the ability to type with speed and accuracy; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
SKILLS: Typing as required by the assignment.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax