SALARY: Range 43
CBA DESIGNATION: Represented
Under the direction of appropriate manager, the Performing Events Assistant performs a variety of office and administrative support duties requiring knowledge of Departmental rules, polices, and procedures and performing arts operations and activities.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: (Illustrative Only)
- Coordinates the printing of publicity materials.
- Provide training and work direction to hourly employees
- Trouble shoot smart classroom equipment
- Develop policies and procedures for equipment and venue usage.
- Prepares requisitions for supplies, services, and equipment
- Assists in the coordination of special theatre events
- Maintains inventory of theatre equipment.
- Reserves performing arts facilities
- Coordinates requests of stage technicians
- Operates audiovisual equipment
- Writes and prepares user guides
- Enters, accesses and maintains information in on-line and microcomputer terminals.
- Attends meetings with District personnel, Officials, vendors, etc.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Audiovisual equipment;
- Fly railing systems;
- Prop movement
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling punctuation, and vocabulary.
- District organizational structure, operations, programs, policies, procedures, philosophy, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Interpersonal skills, use of tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution in an academic environment.
- Modern office practices, procedures, equipment, and software applications.
- Operate hydraulic lift
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal guidelines, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, staff, and community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Two years’ experience working at an audio/visual staging services company, school or college or other non-profit organization, or any other company installing and operating media equipment as a media services technician or A/V technician; AND
- Completion of two years of college level course work, preferably with a major in theatre management or theatre arts
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; to operate a motor vehicle and to visit various District and meeting sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard, or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Positions in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 700 pounds with the use of proper equipment.
Employees work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Employees may infrequently be exposed to outdoor working conditions. Employee may also interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
LEVEL OFSUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
Probationary Period: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax