Under general supervision, performs general mailing and duplicating tasks; operates copy machine, Data Entry and Microfilm machines. Performs maintenance or minor repair on equipment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Operates multiple high-speed digital production reprographic/publishing systems, black/white and color.
- Interprets customer job requests to setup and produce, simplex and duplex publishing jobs. Call customer for additional information or questions as needed.
- On-line editing of documents on a Xerox DT 135, Xerox 5900I, Riso Color and a Xerox DocuColor 30 which could include: merging, sizing, cropping, masking, shifting, insertion, tab creation, NCR setup, signature booklet creation, page replacement/deletion, or adjusting print copy quality and archival/retrieval, utilizing publishing systems or computer.
- Accepts and prints documents received on disk, Zip, via e-mail that may require reformatting to fit desired print size. Print from desktop to DocuColor 30 and HP DesignJet 800ps Wide Format Printer (Banners and Posters 11”x17” to 36”x100”.
- Receipt of files from users, work with Media Services for Graphic Label, setup and monitor production.
- Performs general maintenance or minor repairs on equipment; including monitoring digital system performance and or limitations and make appropriate adjustments.
- Makes service calls to appropriate vendor and communicate effectively the problem and notify supervisor and enter calls in service logs.
- Performs related duties; padding, binding, punching, shrinking, collating, and cutting as required using manual and electric equipment.
- Co-ordinates processing of course packages and syllabus.
- Utilizes computer produce monthly invoicing for complex jobs.
- Utilizes computer to maintain price data for all publishing supplies.
- Prepares monthly reports for inter-district charging of complex jobs.
- Assists in updating of reprographic data base. Data conversion from in-house database to PrintSmith Print Café-Copy Shop professional reprographic copy shop management software. PrintSmith is the industry standard software for management in of printing or copy shop operations. All data from in-house developed system for reprographics and auditron has to be hand entered into the new system. Pricing and machine setups, production, and estimates.
- Assists in assigning student workers and training on use of appropriate equipment.
- Answers the telephone, assist customers and provide information regarding department services.
- Maintains appropriate paper stock and supply levels for reprographics and mailing processes and equipment.
- Assists in collection of accounts receivables, including vending and invoices.
- Uses computerized mailing system, meter outgoing campus mail, properly processing and recording mail charges.
- Assists other department on selection of other types of service providers; Federal Express; Priority and Express mail, UPS, Air Borne or other types of service.
- Sorts, throws, and bags/batches incoming and inter-departmental mail for campus distribution. Using computer system may be required to locate addressee with minimal information.
- Will be required to drive an on-campus electric cart, light truck, or other district owned or personal vehicle for making scheduled and unscheduled deliveries to US Post Office, off-campus locations, board packets and/or to other vendors as required.
- At the request of supervisor, performs a variety of other duties normally and traditionally performed by an Office Service Assistant II.
Education and Experience: Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of general clerical experience.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of office methods and copy and duplicating equipment; knowledge of pre-sort and zip-sort mailings; ability to learn to operate quickly and efficiently Reprographic and Microfilm equipment; ability to drive a light truck and on-campus carts; ability to understand and follow oral and written directions; ability to alphabetize accurately and to make simple arithmetic computations; ability to receive service orders in a courteous and efficient manner; ability to schedule and complete work in accordance with established deadlines; ability to handle bulky objects; ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment.
Two years experience in production publishing/reprographics, binding, mailing and general office procedures. Ability to use computer software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Illustrator/PageMaker. Ability to use a ten key calculator.
Possession of a valid California Driver License. Availability to work evenings or weekends as needed.
Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 65 pounds, pushing and pulling, able to use dolly to move up to 4 cases of paper, walking and standing for extended periods of time, dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of equipment, reaching overhead above the shoulders and horizontally, and kneeling and crouching.
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax