Under the supervision of a Teacher-Specialist, Special Services: DSPS, the High Tech Center Technician will coordinate and provide services to students with disabilities who use the HTC facilities.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Coordinate the schedules and activities of the HTC hourly staff.
- Coordinate and implement the operational rules and procedures for the HTC.
- Assist the Teacher-Specialist with the selection and training of HTC hourly staff.
- Schedule the use of HTC equipment and assist with the orientation of students using the HTC.
- Work with instructional computer center staff on operational problems pertaining to system or software capabilities.
- Prepare reports showing center and system usage.
- Develop and implement procedures to maintain HTC safety regulations.
- Perform basic trouble-shooting for HTC equipment.
- Process user request for additional service.
- Review supplies inventory and generate requisition requests.
Supervision is received from a Teacher-Specialist, Special Services; DSPS. Work supervision is exercised over unclassified hourly staff, student assistants, and volunteers.
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school. Completion of post high school courses in computer sciences or completion of workshops/training programs in computer sciences. One year of experience working with microcomputer hardware and software support.
Knowledge and Abilities: Knowledge of microcomputer basic hardware components and operating systems; and of instructional software packages.
Ability to coordinate and supervise the daily operation of an instructional computing lab serving students with disabilities; to diagnose and correct minor microcomputer hardware and software problems and take appropriate action; to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other staff serving students with disabilities; to follow oral and written instructions; to train and supervise hourly staff; to work effectively with students with disabilities; and to work in a multi-ethnic environment.
Concurrent or additional full or part-time employment equal to one year of experience in a computing lab providing instructional services.
Seeing to inspect written documents, communicate with District staff, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and file records, and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a keyboard and other office equipment.
Probationary Period: One year.
Pasadena City College
1570 East Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 585-7361 direct ⋅ (626) 525-7924 fax